Promoting and supporting employee wellbeing is at the heart of championing better work and working lives. And now, more than ever with the impact of global pandemic and COVID-19, we all recognise the importance of good health and wellbeing in today’s world and workplace.
Below are some tips that a business (small to large) can take on board to start listening, promoting and supporting their employees wellbeing.
- Listening to your employees
- Well Being Surveys
- Creating a Wellbeing Plan from the Survey results
- Supporting the Wellbeing Initiative
- Have the plan led by Management (from the top down)
- Look at your absenteeism rates and see if there is a link to supporting wellbeing
- Look at your employee’s presentism (are they performing well at work as opposed to showing up?)
- Having it ok to talk about mental health wellbeing in the workplace.
- Creating a culture where no one is judged on openly talking about their mental health concerns
- Be aware of the changes that can cause mental health problems (Financial worries, Health problems, work issues, life balances and isolation)
Core Resource | Full Flexible HR Support for Growing Businesses | 087 7743205 | firstname.lastname@example.org